Thursday, March 15, 2007

Star-Crossed


Sometimes you forget how awesome it can be to see people you know. I was sleeping in my bed in Uyuni after the big border crossing from Argentina when suddenly Eric Adamson is jumping on me and telling me how my whole body smells like armpĂ­t and how I need to take a shower. He had taken the overnight bus from La Paz to get to Uyuni and ran into Thea outside the tourist office. We had seen him in Santiago but didn't think it was going to work out for Bolivia. Suddenly we are all on the same jeep tour headed into the Salar de Uyuni, the world's largest salt flat, talking about that time that we all worked at that summer camp in Tahoe or all the kids from our freshman dorms who are now doing important things in big cities or that other time that crazy hilarious thing occurred. Eric is on one of those round the world tickets which is very exciting, making it nothing less than fortuitous that we ran into each other in a place that could be described in no other way as Cat Butt, Bolivia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home